Digital Marketing for Senior Management corporate professionals
Digital marketing is a vast role with varied areas of specialization
A Senior management corporate professional who is handling the role of Director Digital Marketing or Chief Marketing Officer or a Senior digital marketing manager for example could be expected to work with cross-functional marketing, advertising, finance, corporate communication, legal teams etc in their city or country or even across the globe.
The focus could be to bring about the best-in-class demand-generation strategies.
At the same time to have a clear balance in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring digital strategy campaigns.
This could also be with respect to content management of the company’s websites, budgeting for digital marketing social media ROI campaigns etc too.
- Design and develop a custom designed solution for digital marketing social media campaign. It could also be for their organizations clients (eg in the case of a publishing or content media company that is looking for advertisers, sponsors etc for their brand)
- Have a clearly defined inbound demand generation strategies, ideas, campaign goals, tactics across the organizations global sites
- Interact, engage, hire and decide on high-end and completely ROI focus driven digital marketing campaigns by hiring the best digital agency or the best digital marketing professional who can add further value to the organization through their specialised digital marketing social media ROI driven services.
- They need to ensure that the budget available is practical and so are the deadlines. So budgeting for digital marketing social media needs to have top priority. While ensuring that there is a measurable goal at the end of the campaign which is more than vanity metrics like getting likes or followers or retweets etc. A successful digital marketing campaign needs to be able to move over social media vanity metrics and focus on real goals for ROI.
- Maintaining and even managing a Customer Relationship Management tool with their content team could be an integral part of the role.
- Extremely important tasks at the Senior level management position of a digital marketer should definitely include planning, writing, managing blog publishing for focused Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for the organization through organic traffic by building valuable and quality content.
- Ensure advertising standard guidelines are met and at the same time the website is in compliance with industry and or even country specific privacy guidelines and legal aspects.
- Focus on inbound and outbound marketing strategies
- Understand and develop Pay Per Click (PPC) ads across platforms like Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads, native advertising strategies and even programmatic advertising.
- Clearly be able to design and define the goals the organization can expect to achieve given a particular timeline, budget, resources and campaign ideas in their digital marketing initiatives.
- Take charge of ensuring learning and development in digital marketingsocial media corporate training for employee development for their team members.
- Responsibly use the available platforms after properly analyzing them and understand clearly the technology available through those online social networking sites before placing your brand on it.
At the end of the day, it is the role and responsibility of a Senior management professional in digital marketing to create the most influential digital marketing leaders within their organization.
Here are three important functions and roles that focus on specific areas of specialization for a Senior management digital marketer social media professional in an organization today:
Meanwhile, you can also check out a detailed article about “9 job roles, skill sets, responsibilities under Digital marketing published HERE“
1. Digital Marketing Manager
A digital marketing managers role encompasses larger spectrum of tasks in an organization. Here are a few of those:
- Content management and SEO optimization
- Website, blog content strategies and compliance
- Social media optimization across social networking platforms that are relevant to the business, industry and their customers
- Stay updated with the latest trends, strategies and tools in the field of digital marketing and social media marketing
- Focus on developing new digital marketing campaign strategies based on industry focused and relevant trends
- Promote company’s product and services in the digital space keeping in mind the ROI and goals
- Create, design, implement and monitor social media contests, influencer marketing campaigns, etc.
- Report to the Senior Marketing Head or Director marketing
- Ensure that neither he / she nor anyone else in their organization refers to themselves as a digital marketing or a social media expert. The field is so vast and rapidly evolving, that each day will add new tools, technologies and strategies to learn, build, design, develop, implement and monitor for results. The learning curve never ends and has to be an integral part of a responsible digital marketer today.
2. Director Digital Advertising & Marketing:
Here, the roles and responsibilities could converge covering aspects and tools like Pay Per Click (PPC) and or a role of a conversion rate optimizer who is responsible for generating results like website traffic of targeted demographics or users, click on landing pages that have a clear call to action, generating leads through ads, increasing brand reach, awareness, buzz, video views, achieving actual sales ROI with digital marketing social media success
Digital marketing and social media is not about hits, likes or follows. It was, is and will always be about People. People buy from people they trust. Humanize your brand and connect with the customer within.
3. Chief Marketing Officer (CMO):
A CMO is one of the most powerful, responsible and promising roles today in the field of digital marketing. In fact, there are case studies, research and posts across the globe that signify the importance of making the Chief Marketing Officer of a company the next CEO due to the vast fields of roles, ROI and responsibilities that a CMO has to accomplish, take charge of, in order to achieve ROI for his or her organization.
A Chief Marketing Officer needs to have a clearly defined know-how, academic backing, rich experience, understanding of the following:
- Branding / Brand management
- Public Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Basic understanding of the role of a CFO, Sales Head and a Legal professional handling aspects of work like finance, budgeting, sales, IPR, trademarks, copyrights etc to give the Chief Marketing Officer a better grasp and practically approaching the digital marketing tasks with a clear set of realistic goals and timeline in mind.
- Latest trends in marketing, technology and digital
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing, social media, marketing functions and roles across industries and countries
There are renowned corporate professionals who have won accolades in the field of marketing and digital and have been bestowed titles of best digital marketing professional in India, 100 smartest digital marketing leaders, most influential digital marketing leaders by CMO ASIA and World Marketing congress for their extensive and successful work in this field.
The role of a digital marketer is evolving rapidly.
Our goal as responsible digital marketers is to ensure that we focus on delivering value for our organization, clients and their end users / customers in an innovative and resourceful manner with clear measurable results with a realistic budget and timeline.
“Digital Marketing is not a one time strategy. It is a daily effort with a sincere idea to add value to end users”
Do share your thoughts and comments with me here on this, would love to hear from you.
For custom designed one on one Coaching programs or customized employee development corporate training programs, feel free to reach us using the quick CONTACT form Link Here[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Ananth V ~ Founder & CEO: Techdivine Creative Services: Digital marketing agency
Let’s connect on: Facebook– Twitter– Social Media Book– Corporate Training Digital Marketing Social media ROI strategy– Management Development Programs – Website – Coaching Programs
Popular: Most searched and read posts this week:
- Digital! Enabling us or influencing us: How human are our influencers
- The difference between digital marketing and social media marketing
- Meeting Dr.Philip Kotler
- Meeting Mr.Vineet Nayar
- Impressions from the 10th Global Peter Drucker forum in Vienna
- My Guides on Mentoring in THE ENTREPRENEUR
- Digital, enabling us or influencing us
- Perfect tribute to the father of modern management, at the Global Peter Drucker forum in Vienna
- 11 employability skills organizations today look for when hiring
- 11 Skills to make you the best Digital Marketing Professional
- 16 frequently used jargon’s in social media